Hours of Operation:
- The Diagnostic Imaging Department is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week for emergency services as well as regular x-rays which don’t require an appointment.
- Services requiring an appointment are offered Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday 7:30 a.m. to Noon and can be scheduled by calling 937-378-7575.
We offer scheduled exams in the following areas:
- CT (CAT Scan). Our 16-slice Toshiba Aquillon scanner allows a cross-sectional image of the body to be taken, showing more detail than a regular x-ray. There are several different types of CT scan, some using contrast (dye). You may be asked to drink contrast or you may be given a contrast injection through an IV during your scan; sometimes you will need to do both. Your doctor will decide what exam you need depending on the symptoms you are experiencing and tell you what to expect on the day of your appointment.
- MRI. Our state of the art Toshiba MRI uses a powerful magnet to image different areas of your body without using radiation. Prior to your MRI you will be asked to fill out a questionnaire to determine if you have any metal implanted in your body that will interfere with the imaging magnet. During your scan you will enjoy our soothing lighting and headphones for music.
- ULTRASOUND. We provide abdominal, gynecological, prostate biopsy and breast imaging, as well as many other types of Ultrasound scans. The tech will first apply gel to your skin and then perform your scan using sound waves through a hand held transducer.
- MAMMOGRAPHY. Our Digital Mammography unit is the best breast imaging technology currently available. Your breast images will be obtained by a respectful and considerate female mammographer. The high resolution images obtained will be examined by the Radiologist, and your results will be mailed to your home. If you are over age 40 and are not currently having any problems with your breasts, you may get a mammogram without a doctor’s order. Call our Scheduling Department at 937-378-7575 for further details.
- DEXA. Our DEXA bone density testing is quick and painless and is the preferred method for diagnosing osteoporosis. It is recommended that women over age 65 get a DEXA bone density screening to evaluate their risk of bone loss or fracture.
- NUCLEAR MEDICINE. We offer a wide variety of procedures in our Nuclear Medicine Department. Nuclear imaging is a noninvasive and usually painless test that involves injecting, swallowing or inhaling a radioactive isotope to accumulate in the organ or area to be examined. Nuclear medicine procedures have been around for over 50 years and there are no known long term effects from the exposure.
The goal of our Diagnostic Imaging Department is to achieve and maintain excellence in all the areas and exams we offer to our patients.
Our Radiologists are board certified by the American Board of Radiology, which means they have completed a radiology residency and examinations, as well as participate in ongoing educational programs.
- We are certified by the American College of Radiology in CT, MRI, Mammography and Nuclear Medicine. This accreditation assures that you, our patients, receive the highest quality care available by monitoring our procedures and providing us with feedback on staff qualifications, equipment, quality control and assurance, image quality and dose.