Southwest Regional Medical Center Cardiopulmonary staff offers expert treatment and compassionate care to both inpatients and outpatients who suffer from all aspects of heart and lung disease or injury.
FAX (937) 378-7649
Department Hours for testing: 7:00am – 4:00pm
To schedule your testing contact the Centralized Scheduling Department at (937) 378-7575
Tests and Treatments:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) – Brain Wave Test
- Cardiac Testing Available:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Holter Monitoring – a 24-48 hour heart monitor that takes a continuous reading of the heartbeat. It is important for determining irregular heartbeats.
- Event Monitoring – A heart monitor that is worn for 30-60 days and records the heartbeat only when the patient pushes an event button on the monitor.
- Cardiac Stress Tests – Cardiac stress tests help to determine blood flow to the heart. A Board Certified Cardiologist will conduct all Stress Tests.
- Blockages of the blood flow to the heart indicate heart disease. There are different types of Cardiac Stress Tests including the following:
- Plain- simply walking on the treadmill, watching for EKG changes.
- Cardiac Stress Tests with Myoview Imaging – walking on the treadmill followed by images of the blood flow to the heart to detect blockages.
- Plain Stress Echo – walking on the treadmill with the before and after exercise Echocardiogram or painless ultrasound images of your heart function.
- Pharmacological Stress Echo- This type of Stress Test is performed with a drug to increase your heart rate accompanied by ultrasound images of your heart function.
- Pharmacological Stress Test with Myoview – This is a drug induced stress test (you do not walk on the treadmill) accompanied by Myoview Imaging. The drugs your Doctor may order for you to induce stress are Lexiscan, Adenosine, or Dobutamine.
- Echocardiography – Ultrasound images of the heart muscle in motion visualizing the heart wall and valve motions. A registered Echocardiology Sonographer with 20 years experience will perform your test. Our Vascular Laboratory has earned accreditation with The American College of Radiology.
- Vascular Studies – Images with ultrasound to determine blockages in arteries and veins. A registered Vascular Sonographer with 19 years experience will perform your test.
- We offer Vascular Screening tests that include: Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening, Stroke/Carotid Artery Screening and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening. You do NOT need a doctor’s order. The cost is $90.00 for all three Vascular Screenings ($30.00 each). This is a self-pay service. It is not covered by insurance.
Pulmonary Function Tests: Breathing Tests determine if you have lung disease, what type and how progressed it is. Pulmonary Function Tests are performed by a Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist/Registered Respiratory Therapist with over 30 years experience.
Respiratory Therapy is the treatment and management of COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Bronchitis, Asthma, Emphysema, Pneumonia and other lung diseases.
- Ventilator Management
- Non-invasive Ventilator Management (BI-PAP)
- Hand Held Nebulization
- Oxygen Therapy
- Arrangement for Home Oxygen and Respiratory Therapy
Sleep Disorders and Sleep Services
Southwest Regional Medical Center treats a full range of sleep disorders. Conditions addressed at the sleep center can include: insomnia, snoring, sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and narcolepsy.
Getting a good night’s sleep is essential to your health. Sleep deprivation and sleep disorders can limit your ability to function during the daytime. Common symptoms of sleep disorders can include clumsiness, irritability, or difficulty remembering things. Long-term effects of sleep deprivation can have other health effects such as weight gain.
Sleep Studies – Sleep Studies are overnight studies that determine whether you suffer from a sleep disorder.
Sleep Clinic – You will be seen by a Sleep Specialist.