According to statistics, about 11% of kids living in the USA suffer from ADHD. More to the point, the problem affects the lives of adults, too. It is reported that about 5% of adults are afflicted by this disorder. But one should keep in mind, that when it comes to diagnosing adults, there are multiple difficulties. That’s why experts claim that the actual number of people facing ADHD is much bigger. As you can see, the problem is widespread enough, so it is highly advisable to get informed about it.
What Is ADHD?
ADHD is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. One more name is ADD. In most cases it is diagnosed at the age of 6–12 years. As a rule, with age people start feeling better, still, there are adults who keep on experiencing serious problems.
How to Recognize the Disorder?
The symptoms can be divided into 2 categories: those related to inattentiveness and the ones associated with hyperactivity and impulsiveness.
Here are some of the signs that your child may have problems with inattentiveness:
- losing things;
- inability to focus on a task for a long time;
- making careless mistakes;
- being unable to follow instructions.
The behaviors that can be caused by the problems with hyperactivity and impulsiveness:
- being unable to sit or stay still;
- talking or moving too much;
- difficulties with a sense of danger;
- taking actions without thinking them over beforehand.
No doubt, signs mentioned above are characteristic to most young children. Still, it is crucial to monitor the behavior of your kid and to compare his behaviors with those of other children of the same age. And, if you notice any suspicious signs, it is highly recommended having a consultation with a specialist.
What Are the Reasons for this Problem?
In fact, scientists haven’t managed to find the exact answer to this question so far. Still, it is well-known that there is a range of risk factors that may influence the situation:
- Genetics. As a rule, if one member of the family is diagnosed with ADHD, there is a huge risk that his relatives suffer from the same problem. So, if one of your relatives has this disorder, make sure all the other members of your family, including you and your spouse, see the doctor in the near future.
- Violations of the regime and problems during the pregnancy. Some dangerous factors are easy to avoid, these include smoking and drinking alcohol. It is also highly advisable to avoid contacts with all sort of chemicals, like pesticides or PCBs. In addition, there are medical problems that may increase the risk of ADHD, these comprise a premature delivery, a low birth weight, head injuries that take place during the act of delivery.
As for watching TV or consuming a lot of sugar, it is proven that such habits do not cause ADHD, that’s just a myth.
How Is ADHD Treated?
There are two main options available:
Sure, doctors and patients prefer starting with regular consultations and training, especially when it comes to treating a child. Still, in many cases, taking medications is a necessity.
It is crucial to note that drugs do not actually cure the disorder, they help to decrease its intensity. So, they should be taken on a continuing and regular basis. When you stop using them, the problems will come back.
Where to Buy ADHD Medicines?
There are two main options available:
- traditional drugstores;
- online pharmacies.
There is of course the cost of the drugs to consider, since this topic remains of high importance for people across the economical strata. There are smart ways to bring down the expenses in both online and physical pharmacies, but there is no doubt about digital stores providing more opportunities to save money on buying ADHD drugs. For instance, it is always worthwhile checking services like PharmacyChecker.com, Mapofmedicine.com or the official site of manufacturer for your pills for coupons or assistace programs
Most of us have got used to buying medicines at offline drugstores. Still, online platforms offer a wide range of advantages:
- Convenience. You will not have to waste time on commuting or waiting in lines. Finding the product prescribed and ordering it will take just a couple of minutes. You can also choose courier delivery services and save time on visiting a post office, too.
- Privacy. ADHD is a delicate problem, so most people prefer keeping it secret. As for kids suffering from it, they are likely to face even more difficulties, when others learn about their health problems. No doubt, when you visit an offline pharmacy, there is a risk that you will meet your neighbors or acquaintances there. When you order drugs on the Internet, you can be absolutely sure that nobody will get access to the information on the diagnoses or the medications ordered, that will be indicated neither in the bill nor on the package.
- Attractive prices. Running an online pharmacy requires much less effort and money, that’s why such platforms have the opportunity to offer lower prices. To save more, you can turn to a Canadian company. Due to the governmental regulation of prices, in Canada, medicines cost up to 90% less than in the USA. In addition, online drugstores offer a huge selection of generic versions of brand products. There is a good chance that you will find the one that suits you. Such alternatives are much more affordable than original medications.
Important! Keep in mind that self-treatment may lead to serious negative consequences. So, do not take any medicines without getting a prescription and scrutinizing the instruction. If you notice that your dear person taking ADHD medications feels worse and behaves in a strange way, contact the doctor immediately. Such drugs may cause a wide range of dangerous side effects.
Are There Any Other Ways To Overcome the Problem?
In fact, some symptoms of ADHD can be managed with the help of a proper lifestyle. Here are the habits that will surely help:
- Physical activities stimulate the secretion of the substances that are responsible for focusing and being attentive. So, encourage your child to play outside on a regular basis. He can practice any kind of sport he likes. Still, it is widely known that, for example, yoga helps to control the unpleasant symptoms of the disorder.
- Sticking to a healthy and balanced diet. Unhealthy food does not cause ADHD. But eating habits influence the level of energy and mood.
- Sleeping enough. Being physically active during a day, avoiding drinks with caffeine and sticking to a strict schedule will help to sleep well.
- Thinking positive. Sure, taking into account the challenges of today’s life, it is not so easy. Still, it is worth a try. By the way, special training courses may help a lot.
The recommendations, described above, work for both kids and adults.
As you can see, ADHD is the problem that can be easily managed, so there is no reason to get depressed because of it. Follow the recommendations of your doctor and the tips presented above, and that will surely help you to lead a happy and productive life.
More information and news about ADHD: